Halloween, will be celebrated on a Saturday this year and we suggest trick-or-treating hours to be from 6pm to 8pm. Extra community policing officers on bicycle will be deployed into neighborhoods to help ensure a safe night.
The Cohasset Police Department is reminding residents of the following:
- Trick or treat in your own neighborhood if possible
- Children and accompanying adults should wear light colored or reflective clothing and carry a flashlight or some other alternative lighting
- Motorists and pedestrians should use EXTREME CAUTION in areas where street lighting is poor or in case of inclement weather
- Children should be allowed to only consume products that are in original wrapping from the manufacturer and checked by the parents before consuming
- Parents should make certain that all costumes are nonflammable and provide adequate ventilation and visibility
- Trick-or-treaters should be accompanied by an adult
- Report any suspicious activity or behavior to local police immediately.
Those who are planning on attending a party in or out of town should remember:
- Many young children are out for the evening, especially during the peak hours of 5:30-7:00 p.m., so drive slowly!
- Not to drive a vehicle while wearing any sort of mask. Your visibility could be obscured.
- Have a designated driver if attending an adult Halloween party where alcohol is served.